Friday, September 25, 2009

LPGA GOLFERS Help me out here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if your a Professional, Golfer more specifically, a female professional golfer is there really no competition between players. Because, I have to tell you, that there is not a sport weather it be golf' or tennis' or basketball' where if I was a professional I would allow a 13 year old amateur to beat me. It's unthinkable to me that a little girl who goes to junior high school all day and practices a little in evening after school could beat me if this were my livelihood.

I would certainly take offense if I was one of the 24 "Professional Golfers" who accept sponsorship money for clothes and bags and have their clubs tweaked regularly to their exact specs and just got beat, some you, crushed by a 13 year old girl who plays for fun.

This never happens on the men's tour the amateurs who do get to play have proven they are capable by winning a national events etc. Not 13 year olds who haven't
done anything but be little girls.

It's getting out of hand when Pro Golfers who are supposed to the horses that carry the LPGA can't even beat a bunch of part time golfers to get into arguably the biggest tournament in the world the US Open. Natalie Gulbis was angry that she had to play the qualifier to get in. even crying. but the fact is she was not good enough neither was Michelle Wie that week. IF GOLF IS "WHAT YOU DO" and essentially"Who you are" how are you not able to beat part time players ona familiar layout you have practiced on?

I for one think there way to many poor players on the LPGA tour. Look at Dorothy Delasin she is carrying about a 10 handicap! Jeehae lee is around a 8 or nine and the same for Michelle Mcgann but week after week there they are in tournament after tournament stealing spots from much better golfers. This is no way to improve your tour. Having the top 30 get in exempt from qualifying is a good way to go and making the rest of the field qualify on the same course will insure a much high quality of golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment